Carbon Trust Wales
At Carbon Trust Wales, we strive to provide the best possible resource efficiency advice and guidance to the public sector and business.
As well as offering the full range of Carbon Trust service, we also offer a number of additional services specifically for Welsh organisations such as our 0% APR loans scheme for small to medium sized enterprises, and free resource efficiency support for public bodies in Wales through the Welsh Government’s Resource Efficient Wales scheme.
We also run events, workshops and webinars to raise energy-efficiency awareness and provide information and training around low carbon technologies.
The Carbon Trust welcomes dealing with customers and other stakeholders in both Welsh and English and is committed to providing an equally effective standard of service in both languages so far as is appropriate in the circumstances and reasonably practicable.
How we can help your business
We support businesses across Wales, from large companies to small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), as they tackle their energy costs, their carbon footprint and make moves towards a sustainable, low carbon economy. We can also provide support through our online technical content, publications and web tools.
- 0% APR business loans- One of the main barriers to small and medium-sized businesses implementing energy efficiency or renewable energy projects is the availability of finance. The Carbon Trust can help to overcome that hurdle by providing interest free, unsecured loans from £3,000 to £200,000.
- Green Business Fund- The Carbon Trust Green Business Fund is the energy efficiency support service for small and medium-sized companies in England, Wales and Scotland. It provides direct funded support through energy assessments, training workshops, equipment procurement support and up to £5,000 capital contribution towards your energy saving equipment purchase.
- SME Carbon Network- Online community with support and resources for small and medium-sized organisations, together with practical advice and solutions to help SMEs identify and implement actions to reduce their energy overheads and improve their bottom line.
- START2ACT - for young SMEs and start-ups in the UK, offering free energy efficiency training and mentoring services to identify and implement low and no cost energy saving measures at work.
- Empower- our employee engagement programme includes an innovative online tool to help your staff save energy and carbon at work.
If you would like our help, give us a call on +44 (0)20 3944 0393 or fill in our online contact form.
How we support the public sector
We've worked successfully with almost all of Wales' local authorities, Health Boards, universities and colleges, and government and its agencies. This experience has enabled us to create a collection of approaches to help organisations identify, prioritise, plan and implement energy and cost-saving projects.
Our services are specifically designed to meet the needs of the Welsh public sector, working with our clients to accelerate the implementation of resource efficiency programmes, maximising benefits and minimising risk.
As well as offering the full range of Carbon Trust public sector support services, we also offer a number of additional services specifically for Welsh public bodies.
This includes the Resource Efficient Wales (REW) Service funded by Welsh Government. Through the REW Service, Carbon Trust and Wrap Cymru, we can provide free support to assist public bodies in Wales to identify opportunities for resource efficiency and renewable energy measures and support organisations as they move towards implementation.
We work in partnership with a range of additional Welsh Government funded support services designed to accelerate the transition to a sustainable, low carbon public sector in Wales including Green Growth Wales, The Wales Funding Programme and Re:fit Cymru.
For further information, please contact us REWPublicSector@CarbonTrust.com or call 0300 123 2020